[illumos-Developer] Problems in setlocale and codereview

Garrett D'Amore garrett at nexenta.com
Thu Sep 2 12:56:01 PDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-09-02 at 21:42 +0200, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> "Garrett D'Amore" <garrett at damore.org> wrote:
>
> > > AFAIK, I have no permission to put things back to the illumos hg.
> >
> > Right.  I'll give you the permission to do so, once you and I have a
> > chat, and I've verified that your integration is well-formed.  You will
> > need to make sure you have your public ssh key in your illumos account
> > though, since that's what we use to enable the permission.
>
> The ssh key is correct.

Good.

> > > I have some questions:
> > >
> > > -	How do I apply my delta to my local repository?
> >
> > I'm not sure I understand what you mean by this question.  If you've
> > already edited the code, you can commit locally using "hg commit".
>
> Looks like a highly probable answer ;-)
> All SCM look different and every software seems to call things different, so I
> just wanted to be sure.

Yep.  Welcome to mercurial! :-)

> > > -	How is the mail address from what I see with "hg log", e.g.:
> > >
> > > 	changeset:   13162:61ea578f8715
> > > 	user:        Garrett D'Amore <garrett at nexenta.com>
> > > 	date:        Mon Aug 30 23:48:20 2010 -0700
> > > 	summary:     7 Need locale databases
> > >
> > > 	derived?
> >
> > Its taken from ~/.hg/hgrc.  What you should do is
> > run /opt/onbld/bin/hgsetup which sets up a template file for you.
>
> I hope that
>
> hgsetup.sh -f -e joerg at schily.net -c /opt/onbld/lib/python2.4/onbld/hgext/cdm.py

I think so.  Review the .hgrc in ~ to be sure.  I think there may be two
e-mail addresses referenced in there, and I recommend updating them
both.  At least one of them can take the human readable name as well,
i.e. "Garrett D'Amore <garrett at nexenta.com>" ... that way you get your
name in the logs as well as the e-mail address.

> > Let me review the code in more depth.  I've been in meetings all morning
> > and haven't had a chance to read the actual code yet.
>
> Do you like to get a new source?

Yes please.  Can you post a webrev up somewhere I can look at it?  I
find that is the easiest way for me to review code.  Thanks.

> Note that I recommend to always write:

> 	}

I agree... the code was imported from BSD though, so its likely that
some things that I would normally do differently are present in the
code.

If you have some small cleanups like that, I don't mind taking them in,
but I'd prefer to have them fairly focused on areas next to the bug;
larger janitorial sweeps should be done via separate bug/integrations.

	-- Garrett