[illumos-Developer] SchilliX-0.7.1 based on b147+ available

Gary Mills mills at cc.umanitoba.ca
Fri Sep 3 15:12:10 PDT 2010

On Thu, Sep 02, 2010 at 12:20:21PM +0200, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> B M <b.maryniuck at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 10:40 AM, Gary Mills <mills at cc.umanitoba.ca> wrote:
> > > At that point it hung.  I had to hold down the power button to
> > > recover.
> >
> > On 64bit it was nearly the same. On 32 bit I was much more lucky: it
> > loaded to the level when I saw "login:" message on the terminal (only
> > Joerg knows the credentials, unfortunately), though by the way
> > spitting a number of svcs errors.

> BTW: it does not crash with a fatal error, but the oracle code comes with an
> incorect list of dependencies for the the SMF service
>
> 	svc:/network/ipsec/ipsecalgs:default
>
> that results in starting this too early (at least with a DHCP based system).

> I would be happy if someone can send a fix for the dependencies in
> /lib/svc/manifest/network/ipsec/ipsecalgs.xml

The error this service logs is:

    [ Sep  3 16:21:13 Executing start method ("/usr/sbin/ipsecalgs -s"). ]
    ipsecalgs: Unable to open policy socket: Protocol not supported
    [ Sep  3 16:21:13 Method "start" exited with status 1. ]

I can't guess what service it requires from that error.  `svcs' lists
them in cronological order.  It would be easy to pick one like:

    online         16:21:20 svc:/network/initial:default

but it would only be a guess.