[illumos-Developer] SchilliX-0.7.1 based on b147+ available

Joerg Schilling Joerg.Schilling at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Sat Sep 4 09:39:34 PDT 2010

Gary Mills <mills at cc.umanitoba.ca> wrote:

> > BTW: it does not crash with a fatal error, but the oracle code comes with an
> > incorect list of dependencies for the the SMF service
> >
> > 	svc:/network/ipsec/ipsecalgs:default
> >
> > that results in starting this too early (at least with a DHCP based system).
>
> > I would be happy if someone can send a fix for the dependencies in
> > /lib/svc/manifest/network/ipsec/ipsecalgs.xml
>
> The error this service logs is:
>
>     [ Sep  3 16:21:13 Executing start method ("/usr/sbin/ipsecalgs -s"). ]
>     ipsecalgs: Unable to open policy socket: Protocol not supported
>     [ Sep  3 16:21:13 Method "start" exited with status 1. ]
>
> I can't guess what service it requires from that error.  `svcs' lists
> them in cronological order.  It would be easy to pick one like:
>
>     online         16:21:20 svc:/network/initial:default
>
> but it would only be a guess.

Interesting is that the file /lib/svc/manifest/network/ipsec/ipsecalgs.xml
contains:

        <dependent
                name='ipsecalgs-network'
                grouping='optional_all'
                restart_on='none'>
                <service_fmri
                        value='svc:/milestone/network'
                />
        </dependent>

Maybe there is a typo inside?

Or it should rather depend on svc:/network/rpc/bind:default

Jörg