[illumos-Developer] SchilliX-0.7.1 based on b147+ available

Joerg Schilling Joerg.Schilling at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Sat Sep 4 10:05:56 PDT 2010

Gary Mills <mills at cc.umanitoba.ca> wrote:

> > Interesting is that the file /lib/svc/manifest/network/ipsec/ipsecalgs.xml
> > contains:
> >
> >         <dependent
> >                 name='ipsecalgs-network'
> >                 grouping='optional_all'
> >                 restart_on='none'>
> >                 <service_fmri
> >                         value='svc:/milestone/network'
> >                 />
> >         </dependent>
> >
> > Maybe there is a typo inside?
>
> No, that's a reverse dependancy.  It makes svc:/milestone/network
> dependant on svc:/network/ipsec/ipsecalgs.
>
> > Or it should rather depend on svc:/network/rpc/bind:default
>
> I still don't know.  It has to be some resource required by the
> policy socket or the protocol.

The error message is:

[ Sep  1 23:42:50 Executing start method ("/usr/sbin/ipsecalgs -s"). ]
ipsecalgs: Unable to open policy socket: Protocol not supported
[ Sep  1 23:42:51 Method "start" exited with status 1. ]

this makes me believe that it could be related to rpc but disabling rpc/bind
did not show the problem again...

Jörg