[illumos-Developer] SchilliX-0.7.1 based on b147+ available

Gary Mills mills at cc.umanitoba.ca
Sat Sep 4 19:02:33 PDT 2010

On Sat, Sep 04, 2010 at 07:05:56PM +0200, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> Gary Mills <mills at cc.umanitoba.ca> wrote:
>
> > > Interesting is that the file /lib/svc/manifest/network/ipsec/ipsecalgs.xml
> > > contains:
> > >         <dependent
> > >                 name='ipsecalgs-network'
> > >                 grouping='optional_all'
> > >                 restart_on='none'>
> > >                 <service_fmri
> > >                         value='svc:/milestone/network'
> > >                 />
> > >         </dependent>
> >
> > No, that's a reverse dependancy.  It makes svc:/milestone/network
> > dependant on svc:/network/ipsec/ipsecalgs.
> >
> > > Or it should rather depend on svc:/network/rpc/bind:default
> >
> > I still don't know.  It has to be some resource required by the
> > policy socket or the protocol.
>
> The error message is:
>
> [ Sep  1 23:42:50 Executing start method ("/usr/sbin/ipsecalgs -s"). ]
> ipsecalgs: Unable to open policy socket: Protocol not supported
> [ Sep  1 23:42:51 Method "start" exited with status 1. ]
>
> this makes me believe that it could be related to rpc but disabling rpc/bind
> did not show the problem again...

I'm betting on svc:/system/device/local:default because that service
runs

    /sbin/soconfig -d /etc/sock2path.d >/dev/null 2>&1

from the devices-local method.  According to the soconfig man page,
which is out of date on illumos, it does this

     The  soconfig  utility  configures  the  transport  provider
     driver  for  use  with sockets. It specifies how the family,
     type, and protocol parameters in  the  socket(3SOCKET)  call
     are  mapped  to  the  name  of  a transport provider such as
     /dev/tcp.

My boot chronology shows that svc:/system/device/local:default runs
about eleven seconds after svc:/network/ipsec/ipsecalgs:default runs
and fails.