[illumos-Developer] building step 3, keyboard layout changed after update to b145

Chris Mosetick cmosetick at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 17:57:50 PDT 2010

The instructions on that page got me back to what I needed, so I'm good for
now.  I agree that this bug introduced by Oracle is rather frustrating,
(especially for me) but I'm not in a position to fix it at this point in
time.  (I'm happy to do testing)

I did read your notes from yesterday.  As stated earlier my keyboard will
report itself as qwerty, since I manually rearranged the keys to dvorak.
However, it is a native USB keyboard.  Perhaps my DVI+USB KVM switch is
adding another layer of complexity.  It probably does not matter, as this
particular machine happens to be a virtual machine inside VirtualBox, but I
am planning to test this on a physical machine with the same keyboard and
KVM switch too.  Thank you for getting me back to what I needed.

-Chris