[illumos-Developer] webrev: removal of closed kcfd

Garrett D'Amore garrett at nexenta.com
Wed Sep 8 00:25:38 PDT 2010

Ok, I've integrated all of richlowes suggestions, plus I've removed
nightly's use of the crypto tarball (verified!), and cleaned up a bunch
more FIPS 140 stale/dead code.  The end result is a lot more code
deleted.

The new webrev is

 http://http://mexico.purplecow.org/gdamore/webrev/nofips/

Notes:

* FIPS 140-2 support is totally gone.

* the FIPS entry points in crypto ops are left in place, for
compatibility

* elfsign support remains in place in nightly, but is not used.

* kcfpoold runs in the SYS class, and so cannot be priocntl'd or
pbind'ed.  Fixing this is potentially a low priority tasks, but
admittedly I'm less confident about using FX or TS for a process with
out at least *some* presence in userland.  So I'd like to defer until
someone complains if possible.  This only affects crypto run *from the
kernel.*

* I've not tested any of this on SPARC yet.  I'd like willing
volunteers, especially folks with hardware crypto like dca.

Thanks.