[illumos-Developer] [REVIEW] 113, 314, 221 nightly should not call "pkg info" & packaging nits

Richard Lowe richlowe at richlowe.net
Fri Sep 17 09:54:22 PDT 2010

I'd like review of:
    113 nightly should not call "pkg info"
    214 various packages list invalid classification scheme
    221 SVR4 package vendor should be "Illumos"

Webrev: http://richlowe.net/webrevs/il-pkg/

This just removes the version check of nightly, some people don't like
it not being packaging agnostic, but also it's never in my experience
proved particularly useful (the failure mode has been the clue that
nightly was outdated, not the version stamp).  I'd note that several
other woefully outdated version checks in nightly somewhat bare this out
(see, for instance, the check of linker version).

The packaging changes are somewhat obvious nits, as described in the
bug.

I've tested nightly with an incremental build (to build the other two
fixes), the legacy information via installing osnet-redistributable and
checking the VENDOR information in /var/sadm/pkg/*/pkginfo*, and the
classifications by running the PM over a BE pointing to my packages, and
checking that the problems described don't occur.

Thanks,

-- Rich