[illumos-Developer] Missing header files building slim_source

Gary Mills mills at cc.umanitoba.ca
Wed Sep 22 17:23:14 PDT 2010

On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 07:40:02AM +1000, James C. McPherson wrote:
> On 13/09/10 06:54 AM, Gary Mills wrote:
> >
> >I've been successful before in building slim_source, under an earlier
> >version of Opensolaris, but I ran into problems this time.  I did the
> >build under OS 134 upgraded to build 145.  The error I encountered was
> >that nightly could not find the header `libbe.h'.

> libbe.h was integrated into ON on 4 August as part of build snv_147:

> Sounds like you've got a chicken/egg problem unless you can
> find snv_147 packages somewhere and image-update to use them.

I'm pleased to report that I did a successful build of slim_source
under illumos, which I believe is based on build 147.  I followed the
README file from the slim_source repository, except that I used the
compiler in /opt/SUNWspro that I'd used to build illumos.  This was
mainly a test to confirm that the documentation was accurate.