[illumos-Developer] Webrev for bug 844: m4 should say something useful...

Richard Lowe richlowe at richlowe.net
Sat Apr 2 15:42:34 PDT 2011

On Sat, Apr 2, 2011 at 15:56, Gary Mills <mills at cc.umanitoba.ca> wrote:
>    usr/src/cmd/sgs/m4/i386/m4:sample.m4:2 cannot open file, reason: Ce fichier ou ce répertoire n'existe pas
>    include(foobar.m4)
>
> Obviously the first phrase is not translated.  How do we correct that?

You've done the right things, it's not translated because there's no
translation for that text :)

If you were remove the ", reason" from your text and give the
traditional "cannot open file: %s\n", it'll likely be translated
because that text is already in the SUNW_OST_OSCMD catalog.  I'd like
you to do that anyway, because it's the common way to format those
messages.

-- Rich