[illumos-Developer] Webrev for bug 844: m4 should say something useful...

Gary Mills mills at cc.umanitoba.ca
Thu Apr 7 10:24:46 PDT 2011

On Sun, Apr 03, 2011 at 09:55:22PM -0700, Garrett D'Amore wrote:

> Sorry to point out nits, but...

No, please do.  I'll be more observant next time.  This webrev:

should address all of the nits mentioned below.

> The indent at m4macs.c:301 is weird.  The correct indent is  4
> characters from the line above, and the subsequent line (302) should be
> aligned... Plus you can easily join the lines more sanely.  Here's what
[...]
> Likewise, the indent at m4.c:809 is not right.  The line should be
> indented 4 spaces from the line above it.

Ah, my .emacs file disappeared when I upgraded that workstation.
I've restored it.

> Please fix the above indent issues. Also update the copyright notice on
> each file changed (if you like, and I strongly encourage you to do so by
> adding a line "Copyright 2011 <your name>.  All rights reserved." after
> the Sun copyright.)  You also should remove #pragma ident lines from
> every file you touch.  (We are removing those "as we go", so since
> you're updating these files, its time do that for these too.)  For
> example, see m4.c:30 for a line that needs to be removed.

I believe I've done those correctly.

> When you're done, send me a link to your webrev (or the output from hg
> export), output from hg pbchk, and a mail_msg file from a nightly build
> *including lint*.

There' no `pbchk' verb in the help or usage text.  Is this sufficient?

    $ hg parent
    changeset:   13317:42e0576fcccd
    tag:         tip
    user:        Gary Mills <mills at cc.umanitoba.ca>
    date:        Thu Apr 07 09:59:04 2011 -0500
    summary:     844 m4 should say something useful about _why_ an include()d file can't be opened

I haven't been building the entire distribution, but just the m4 utility
itself.  With the above webrev, when I run:

    $ bldenv ~/Downloads/code/illumos-gate/illumos.sh 'make lint'

on it, I get no errors in any of the source files.