[illumos-Developer] code review: 895 snoop lies about SMB errors

Gordon Ross gordon.w.ross at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 20:20:57 PDT 2011

Some questions about snoop recently on IRC reminded me
I have some work I published while at Sun, but which never
made it through integration (for non-technical reasons).

I'd like to integrate these improvements, mostly to avoid
some common confusion caused by the current errors.
The changes are in two parts to facilitate review.
The first part does not change the output of any of
the SMB decoding functions, and just cleans up the
buffer handling, using snprinf etc.  I verified that the
output remains the same (both summary and -v)
with a large collection of snoops of SMB traffic.

The second part improves a few SMB command
decoding functions.

part 1: http://cr.illumos.org/view/9kjr684p/
part 2: http://cr.illumos.org/view/lrvoivnb/

Please review.