[illumos-Developer] [REVIEW] 789, 905, 906, 908: Joyent dtrace changes, 940: JNI support for 905

Richard Lowe richlowe at richlowe.net
Thu Apr 21 18:57:44 PDT 2011

I'd like review for:

  789 dtrace may drop instructions when rapidly signalled
  905 want llquantize() support in DTrace
  906 dtrace depends_on pragma should search all library paths, not
just the current one
  908 dtrace in the global zone may miss USDT probes in local zones

  From Joyent, and reviewed there.  Not requiring further review,
though it is of course welcome

  940 llquantize() dreams of JNI

  From me, adding llquantize() support to libdtrace_jni to avoid some
test failures (and because it would theoretically be good for Chime
and D-Light, I think), not yet reviewed by anyone and quite possibly
crap.

webrevs:

  http://richlowe.net/webrevs/il_789  -- Joyent's changes (excuse the
lack of line breaks, bug in the webrev git bits)
  http://richlowe.net/webrevs/il_940  -- My change on top of theirs

Note that #940 is not particularly tasteful due to some constraints
from the design of libdtrace_jni's java code, and probably also due to
my scant familiarity with Java.  I tried.

-- Rich