[illumos-Developer] [REVIEW] 224 findunref build shouldn't fail if SCM can't be determined

Richard Lowe richlowe at richlowe.net
Fri Apr 29 13:20:36 PDT 2011

On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 22:30, Richard Lowe <richlowe at richlowe.net> wrote:
> I'd like review for:
>  224 findunref build shouldn't fail if SCM can't be determined
>
> webrev:
>  http://richlowe.net/webrevs/il_224

I have decided that the initial version of this was the wrong thing to
do.  The webrev now contains the change I think is the right thing to
do.

- Remove any crappy SCM knowledge from the _build_ of findunref.  This
was likely never a good idea
- Put those SCM-ish entries that still matter into
exception_lists.common.  In practice, this is none of them, as
findunref checks relative to usr/, under which none of the SCMs we
care about store metadata.

This allows bldenv to never need know anything about the SCM, and
nightly to stop exporting it to the build.

I've tested this with both nightly and bldenv ('dmake install' in
usr/src) under both (unrecognized) git and mercurial.

-- Rich