[illumos-Developer] [REVIEW] 713, 714, 715 && used in place of & in some parts of iostat, prstat and mdb

Richard Lowe richlowe at richlowe.net
Thu Feb 10 15:25:23 PST 2011

Simple changes, half not really changing behaviour, just making the
code correct.
(and not turn up each time I think to search the code base for such things)

http://richlowe.net/webrevs/il_713/

prstat

  Doesn't really change anything, the code is using the absence of OPT_PSINFO
  and OPT_MSACCT to separate -t from -a, In the present code, if they
are missing
  OPT_USERS will always be present.

iostat (acquire_iodevs)

  Not really visible in the normal webrev diff views, but the only
caller of acquire_iodev_errors()
  already makes this same check (correctly), and it seems to fit the
pattern for the caller to check,
  rather than callee.

mdb

  These are all variations of "if no address was specified, do
something", which would "do something"
  in other cases that set flags (input from a pipe, for instance).
With the exception of
  ::kcf_global_swq, there's no important behaviour change (likely,
anything flag would just incur a
  different error message.  I'm open to the idea that getting the
usage info from ::dcmds and
  ::walkers if the flags are non-0 is actually the right thing, and
they need the DCMD_ADDRSPEC bit
  removed, and ::dmods adjusted accordingly, instead.

-- Rich