[illumos-Developer] WEBREV 719 beadm should support non-IPS BEs

Bill Sommerfeld sommerfeld at hamachi.org
Sun Feb 27 11:54:05 PST 2011

On 02/27/11 07:45, Alexander Stetsenko wrote:
> If the first one is set then boot environments are located directly in
> root dataset and look like <pool>/<bename>, otherwise they are located
> in <pool>/ROOT.
> The second parameter will help to find valid be names.
>
> For example the NCP BE name is like syspool/rootfs-nmu-...
> default parameters should be:
> RPOOL_CONTAINER=1
> BENAME_STARTS_WITH=rootfs-nmu

first, this seems really messy, and I don't see what this has to do with
IPS -- both IPS and live upgrade put filesystems containing BE's under
$rpool/ROOT.

second, it seems like you could get by with a single parameter:

BENAME_PREFIX, defaulting to ROOT/

why have two tunables where one is sufficient?

						- Bill