[illumos-Developer] Ugh... xdr_{float,double} problems

Jason King jason.brian.king at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 07:54:05 PST 2011

This is why I asked :)  Are there actual identifiable platforms in use
today (that would also be a suitable target for Illumos -- some 50Mhz
CPU w/ 16mb of ram is unlikely to ever be relevant for Illumos :P)
that do not use IEEE 754?

Even then, if there are platforms, how reasonable is it to assume /
expect that they write code to convert to IEEE 754?  It seems like it
would be desirable since such conversion code could utilize knowledge
of the underlying implementation.