[illumos-Developer] pkg problems on OI-151

Jens Elkner jel+illumos at cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Wed Jul 6 11:07:47 PDT 2011

On Wed, Jul 06, 2011 at 08:06:03PM +0400, Igor Kozhukhov wrote:
>    I have found issue.
>    Issue it was in manifest with line:
>    set name=org.opensolaris.consolidation value=sunpro
>    I'm interested in  - why pkg tool was crashed with this line instead of
>    provide info if incorrect value?

LOL - that's easy to answer:
1) Python
2) its experimental software
3) there are still a lot of braindamaged developers, who think, throwing
   tons of stacktraces instead of meaningful messages at the customer
   buys them anything ...

Have fun,
jel.
--
Otto-von-Guericke University     http://www.cs.uni-magdeburg.de/
Department of Computer Science   Geb. 29 R 027, Universitaetsplatz 2