[illumos-Developer] NIS server

Yuri Pankov yuri.pankov at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 07:44:17 PDT 2011

On Thu, Jul 07, 2011 at 06:34:55PM +0400, Igor Kozhukhov wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I have found that NIS server not working on OpenIndiana 151 without
> workaround from site http://opensolaris.org/jive/thread.jspa?threadID=85136
> ($ pfexec pkg install SUNWyp)
>
> Do we have plane for package SUNWyp port to illumos tree?

Just to make sure, are you trying to configure server or client (the
link you mentioned talks about client)?

If you are trying to configure the client, same link has the following:

`I think the proper fix is to make "ypinit -c" operate correctly if the
server services aren't present, rather than to add a dependency'

which seems a better solution to me.

Yuri