[illumos-Developer] NFSv4 exclusive open breaks ACL's

Garrett D'Amore garrett at damore.org
Tue Jul 19 11:00:50 PDT 2011

On Tue, 2011-07-19 at 12:46 -0500, Jason King wrote:
> I seem to recall the contributor agreement had a clause though that
> all contributed code had to remain under an opensource license (even
> by Sun), but I could be mistaken.  Anyone still have a copy laying
> around that can confirm/deny? :)

It had a promise, but I'm not sure it was a "hard" promise, and Oracle
never signed the SCA -- only the contributors did.  So I'm not sure that
Oracle is bound by it.  But anyway, that would only apply to code
accepted under the terms of the SCA -- and that is a vanishingly small
percentage of all the code in Solaris.  Even honoring this requirement,
Oracle could release a dozen or two source files, and nothing else, and
still remain compliant with that promise.

	- Garrett