[illumos-Developer] Webrev: Updated "oce" driver drop from Emulex

Garrett D'Amore garrett at nexenta.com
Fri Jul 22 13:41:58 PDT 2011

On Fri, 2011-07-22 at 15:52 -0400, Richard Lowe wrote:
> Why is a bunch of I/O FM code going away?
>
> oce_gld.c:213
>     Bad indent

Fixed.

> I don't know enough about the operation of the hardware to really
> comment on anything more.  It looks ok mechanically.
>
> -- Rich

Most of the FMA code is still there.  The checks in oce_m_start() were
stupid -- they checked after early device initialization, but before
actually enabling things on the device.  It was a very shoddy
not-even-close-to-best effort that was removed.

Likewise, the interrupt handler changes.  I think they did not cover
much of the device functionality, and simply served to add run-time
overhead.

That said, this is merely conjecture on my part .. the code is as it was
given to me by Emulex.