[illumos-Developer] intro

TJ Yang tjyang2001 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 17:25:11 PDT 2011

On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 1:26 PM, Linda Kateley
<linda.kateley at nexenta.com> wrote:
> I wanted to introduce myself... I have recently been hired by Nexenta
> Systems to
> be community manager.
>
> I came from 12 years of sun/oracle as a Solaris Architect. I worked
> diligently to get out the word for opensolaris.

I can certainly vouch for this statement because I attended your
opensolaris brain-wash meeting before ;)
Nice to see you stay with Opensolaris+

> Nexenta has taken the initial lead in the creation of illumos, but hopes
> that it will thrive as a true open-source community. My role is to help
> ensure that we can maintain a critical mass of contributors working on
> illumos.

> I encourage you to reach out to me offline with suggestions, as well as
> projects you  would like to see and areas where you'd like to help.

"Without Openindiana(illumos+apps) commercial support" is a road block
for corp. users to adopt Openindiana (and use illumos kernel).
Hope this can be lifted/resolved soon.

Regards

T.J. Yang

> --