[illumos-Developer] webrev for 1107

Gordon Ross gordon.w.ross at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 07:43:37 PDT 2011

I've seen this before, and I'm happy with most of it...

But one question now comes to mind:  This code is shared with
the nfsd listener (etc.) so I wonder, how did it work with the check;
  if (retnconf->nc_semantics == NC_TPI_CLTS) ... ?
Seems like that should have broken NFS[3,4] over TCP.
Would be good to understand why that was there.

On Sun, Jun 12, 2011 at 10:31 PM, Dan Kruchinin <dkruchinin at acm.org> wrote:
> While working on NFS lock manager I found two bugs/issues in illumos.
> Here is the first one.
> The patch makes do_one() function of nfs_tbind.c able to work with
> loopback device (/dev/ticotsord) provider.
> We need it for lockd daemon. It uses loopback device to communicate
> with kernel part of network lock manager.

BTW, it's used by the in-kernel part of the lock manager to
communicate with the user-space NFS status monitor.
(This code pre-dates doors, door up-calls, etc.)  We could
change it use a different mechanism, but we'd prefer to
minimize the scope of this work as much as possible.
(At least for now.)

Gordon