[illumos-Developer] webrev: #725 apic_grp_set_cpu misorders checkfor FIXED interrupts

Albert Lee trisk at opensolaris.org
Sat Jun 18 19:28:20 PDT 2011

apic_set_cpu can still be entered directly through the apic_intr_ops
dispatch for PSM_INTR_OP_SET_CPU. It already contains a check for
irqp->airq_mps_intr_index == MSI_INDEX, but only to reject the request
if the interrupt is MSI *and* part of an interrupt group (presumably
because interrupt groups only exist in MSI).

I assume reassignment of a single non-MSI interrupt is allowed since
programmable IO APICs predate MSI, so is it really erroneous to use
PSM_INTR_OP_GRP_SET_CPU for a single non-MSI interrupt (when
PSM_INTR_OP_SET_CPU would always succeed)?

-Albert