[illumos-Developer] webrev for 1073: migrate kernel modules from ancient _depends_on to true ELF dependencies

Bayard Bell buffer.g.overflow at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 27 08:37:31 PDT 2011

Seinfeld taught me that someone who shows up for unpaid work can nevertheless be fired, so I'll be careful about impersonating a Nexenta employee, lest I be mailed a P45 and cease-and-desist order. I had mistakenly inferred that "warm-up" work should have Nexenta copyright, but I can also understand why, if I'm not a standard Nexenta employee but a less glorified form of project contractor, I should use my own name outside of project-specific changes.

Of course, I can understand from the latter that I should use my own name, but I'm still not entirely clear on where and how to do so. Should I be inserting my copyright line after the CDDL block, with any "use subject to terms" line following the Sun/Oracle copyright line and preceding mine?

Shall I take it from this lively exchange about copyright that the rest of my changes are otherwise passing review and that is all I need to worry about? Or is the relative prevalence of copyrights and removal of SCCS keywords just stealing the show? ;->

Cheers,
Bayard