[illumos-Developer] Fwd: Please join us at IllumOS User Group

Volker A. Brandt vab at bb-c.de
Mon Jun 27 09:24:42 PDT 2011

> > > An illumos-user-group is now open...
> >
> > I tried to join.  It seems one must join Meetup first, which is
> > using Google analytics, which is technically illegal in Germany.
> > Well, I am on FB, so Meetup doesn't make it worse. :-)
> >
> > Then trying to join the group, it seems I am forced to upload a
> > picture.  There is a "no picture" button, but my application is
> > not accepted without a picture.
> >
> > Is this requirement really necessary?
> no... let me see if this is a setup I can adjust...
> HA ok removed picture but please do tell a bit of your self!

Done.  Works.  Thanks.

> And if you plan to organize meetup in Germany (or any country for the
> matter, lets us know and we can make you/that-person a co-organiser
> or we can add that for you.. we need date/time/place/info :)

If wishes were fishes... :-)

I am one of the "community leaders" of the Frankfurt OpenSolaris UG.
Maybe we can set up an Illumos-centric meeting.  I'll be sure to
broadcast the info if anything like that should happen.

Cheers -- Volker
Volker A. Brandt               Consulting and Support for Oracle Solaris
Am Wiesenpfad 6, 53340 Meckenheim                     Email: vab at bb-c.de
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Bonn, HRB 10513              Schuhgröße: 46
Geschäftsführer: Rainer J. H. Brandt und Volker A. Brandt