[illumos-Developer] [REVIEW] 1120 Use real file descriptors for smbfs named pipes.

Gordon Ross gordon.w.ross at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 11:45:38 PDT 2011

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 2:29 PM, Albert Lee <trisk at opensolaris.org> wrote:
> Gave it a first pass, this is thing massive. The number of nested
> member access macros under struct smb_ctx needed to follow something
> like a sizeof() is disturbing.

Yeah, that got that way in part due to wanting the ioctl data structures
in there as sub-structs, but not wanting to go frob all the places that
expected the old member names at that time.  It might be nice to go
substitute those sometime (and do only that, as one change).

> No obvious problems... smb_share_{typename/parsetype} could use a
> single table, I guess.

Maybe.  I'm not sure it would be that much more terse than the
two switch statements you see now, so I think I'll leave it.

We have this code in the field (and so do our friends in Larry's world:)
so I'm hesitant to mess with it much without another round of testing.
FYI, both 1120 and 1121 are in the field at this point.

Gordon