[illumos-Developer] [REVIEW] sundry fixes to packaging (845, 847, 853, 854, 856, 858, 860)

Richard Lowe richlowe at richlowe.net
Mon Mar 28 15:45:40 PDT 2011

I'd like review for:

  845 xpg4/bin/sh should move back to SUNWcs
  847 post* manual pages made obsolete by #111 should be removed
  853 system/library is missing references to some license files
  854 postscript filter EOF missed some bits
  856 SUNWcs should deliver /export and /home
  858 text/doctools should have dependencies on things man(1) needs
  860 storage/storage-server shouldn't depend on zfs-auto-snapshot

webrev:

  http://richlowe.net/webrevs/il_853/

Each bug id is a separate changeset.

some notes:

  853:  These existed _solely_ to provide information in various
metadata[1] (initially osol source drops, then packaging), it turns
out that a script Garrett added to automatically build that metadata
obviates the need for static copies.  So I'm reviewing them, rather
than referencing them in the package and adding a duplicate copy to
the metadata.

  854:  The removals here include references to postbgi, apparently
removed even longer ago, or perhaps never shipped.

  860:  The package got renamed, normally we'd want to depend on the
new name, but the new package is particularly GUI, so it's probably
best to drop it

-- Rich

[1] by CR 6467531 "nightly(1) needs option to generate OpenSolaris delivery"