[illumos-Developer] [REVIEW] sundry fixes to packaging (845, 847, 853, 854, 856, 858, 860)

Gordon Ross gordon.w.ross at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 13:50:45 PDT 2011

Most of this looks fine to me.  One question:

Why not leave the symlink for /usr/xpg4/bin/sh
in usr/src/pkg/manifests/system-xopen-xcu4.mf
with the other links?  (and maybe /usr/xpg4/bin)

This bit from issue 853 seems a bit strange:
"When in a POSIX-y frame of mind, system(3C) will use /usr/xpg4/bin/sh"
I would expect system(3C) to run /usr/bin/sh
possibly with options to force "POSIX-y" behavior, if necessary.

thanks,
Gordon