[illumos-Developer] Review for 506 suspend/resume issue on b147 (6986810)

Garrett D'Amore garrett at nexenta.com
Wed Mar 30 09:18:35 PDT 2011

  On 03/30/11 09:08 AM, Hans Rosenfeld wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 08:10:31AM -0700, Garrett D'Amore wrote:
>>   On 03/30/11 08:03 AM, Hans Rosenfeld wrote:
>>> I just updated bug #506. I have a patch to fix the "immediate resume
>>> after suspend" problem.
>>>
>>> Please review http://cr.illumos.org/view/5ihk5w10/illumos-506-webrev/
>> This looks like a good fix.  If there is someone more familiar with ACPI
>> watching, I'd like to hear from them.  What systems have you tested this
>> fix on?
> Only on my T61p. I could also test it on an older AMD K8 system that I
> got at work, but I don't know whether it supports suspend/resume at all.

Fair enough.  I'd like to test on some of my hardware as well... I have
a W510 (Lenovo) that works well with S/R today, as well as an Ultra 20,
so it would be good to ensure no regressions.  (It doesn't look like
there should be any, but again, I'm not as familiar with the acpi
internals.)

>> (Btw, please use the webrev for illumos from usr/src/tools -- that way
>> the links in your webrev will work properly.)
> Yes, I already noticed, but the one from usr/src/tools wouldn't work at
> all, giving me errors about hgext.cdm and its.reg. I just wanted to get
> the webrev out now and fix this later :)

Ok, cool!