[illumos-Developer] Changing sd_io_time to 8?

Deano deano at rattie.demon.co.uk
Tue May 3 09:22:32 PDT 2011

> sd does not deal with traditional ATA or ATAPI devices, and SCSI
> devices with removable media use the same set of commands, so the
> distinction is not important.

It deals with some ATAPI commands, for example determining physical block size of a SATA drive is an ATAPI command (ATA/ATAPI v7).

It is exactly this kind of confusion, which is why I believe why SD is overburdened, also from the source code which at IIRC 13K+ LOC is well above most software engineering thoughts on file size indicates it to me.

But it works and there are more important things to tackle then worry about it until it becomes if it ever did become a problem.

Deano