[illumos-Developer] Changing sd_io_time to 8?

Mike La Spina mike.laspina at laspina.ca
Tue May 3 19:55:32 PDT 2011

>From the risk flags put up on the sd_io_time modification, would it be
prudent to just use the dreaded sd.conf tunable? Yes I know, not another
one of those arcane tuning parms that nobody can recall and set without
reading source. However sd does have a man page to hold this info .....
it's not a great solution but when correctly targeted it does prevent
some ugly slow hardware recovery scenarios with JBODs that many people
curse at. (myself included)