[illumos-Developer] review request - webrev for #952 separate intent logs should be obvious in 'zpool iostat' output

Dan McDonald danmcd at nexenta.com
Mon May 23 17:25:48 PDT 2011

On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 06:06:01PM -0600, Mike Harsch wrote:
<SNIP!>

> The above webrev has been reviewed by Adam Leventhal and Matt Ahrens.
>
> Test results showing the changes in 'zpool iostat -v' output:

<mucho snippage deleted!>

I was going to ask if anyone has scripts parsing this output that will now
all of the sudden have an extra line of output in them?  I'm pretty sure it's
easy to "grep -v" the extra line, BUT such output changes sometimes violate
least-surprise.

Adam and Matt are clearly okay with it, which gives you sufficient ZFS
credit.  Any hard-core admins in the audience should speak up one way or the
other about this, though.  I am not a hard-core admin, so I'm fine with the
changes in output, as well as most of the code changes.

I notice you now (void)-cast the returns from nvlist_lookup_uint64().  The
old code check the return value.  Is this a feature or a bug?

Dan