[illumos-Developer] review request - webrev for #952 separate intent logs should be obvious in 'zpool iostat' output

Bill Sommerfeld sommerfeld at hamachi.org
Mon May 23 17:53:22 PDT 2011

On 05/23/11 17:25, Dan McDonald wrote:
> Any hard-core admins in the audience should speak up one way or the
> other about this, though.  I am not a hard-core admin, so I'm fine with the
> changes in output, as well as most of the code changes.

administrator sanity trumps fear of breaking shell scripts in this case.

The lack of "logs" in zpool iostat output caused a short-term panic on
my part once when I was adding a log device to a pool while watching
iostat output, fearing that I'd have to destroy the pool and rebuild it
to recover (since you can't remove a data vdev).

						- Bill