[illumos-Discuss] Nexenta Core Platform 3.0 Released

Anil Gulecha anil.verve at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 15:49:37 PDT 2010

Hi All,

On behalf of the Nexenta project, I'd like to announce the
availability of the Nexenta Core Platform 3.0.

You can download the latest iso image from
http://www.nexenta.org/projects/site/wiki/DownloadStable

This is the same iso as the RC3 release.

---

The near future: NCP 3.9

The move to NCP 4.0 will be in 2 phases. The first immediate change
would be to move from OpenSolaris b134 to a recent Illumos build. With
this the Nexenta project will change it's base from OpenSolaris to
Illumos.

If you're unaware of Illumos, it is a branch of OpenSolaris ON gate,
with closed bits replaced with open code. More information at
http://www.illumos.org

---

The mid-term future: NCP 4.0

Once we've moved to Illumos as the base, the second phase is the move
from Ubuntu Hardy as our userland base to either newer Debian or
Ubuntu release. This is still being discussed, and we're currently
addressing some of the legal challenges with the effort. There will
shortly be some discussion on the NCP mailing lists about this, and we
welcome the community's participation.

---

Note, you can use the SUN_PERSONALITY variable to get the original
OpenSolaris userland rather than GNU, if you so prefer.

With that, enjoy the NCP3 release!

Regards
--
The Nexenta Team.