[illumos-Discuss] Documentation project

Antonio Vieiro antonio at antonioshome.net
Thu Aug 19 11:44:41 PDT 2010

Hi all,

I noticed there's no documentation project yet, so I created one.

The basic plan I propose is as follows:

1. Get a basic infrastructure for building the documentation, I'd like
to use DocBook 5, as it can generate HTML/PDF/ePub from a sinle source
and can be easily translated.

2. Start building a very first document, a handbook similar to
FreeBSD's. The very first contents should be how to set-up the a
development environment, build and install, etc.

So what do you think? Is it too early to start documenting things? Any
comments on the project?

Cheers,
Antonio

[1] http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/handbook/