[illumos-Discuss] Documentation project

Garrett D'Amore garrett at nexenta.com
Thu Aug 19 11:58:25 PDT 2010

I think it *may* be too early to start formally documenting things.
I've been thinking about this too.

We do need a handbook of sorts.

We need man pages.  Right now we have none -- they are in a separate
consolidation.  Figuring out whether we keep them as such or integrate
them into the gate is a topic for reasonable debate. (I see multiple
possible directions, with various pros/cons.)

I think right now the first thing to do is start improving the
documentation on the wiki.

We also need to engage actual writers.  I know that there are some that
have expressed an interest in our community -- we will have to see what
happens.

	- Garrett