[illumos-Discuss] Documentation project

Ben Rockwood benr at cuddletech.com
Thu Aug 19 13:29:12 PDT 2010

 I definitely think a docs project is a good idea, however I think the
first thing to produce is a really good developers guide.

I think they key to Illumos's success is making it all about the code.
In the Linux community building the kernel is something of "right of
passage".  I would very much like it to be the same in the Illumos
community.

So far I haven't seen any Illumos docs on the build process.  Can we
gather up what we have an start working on a proper manual?

benr.