[illumos-Discuss] problem building illumos

Richard Lowe richlowe at richlowe.net
Fri Aug 27 12:30:47 PDT 2010

James C. McPherson wrote:
> On 27/08/10 09:25 PM, max at bruningsystems.com wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I am at the step in the "how to build illumos" instructions where you
>> run "dmake setup".
>>
>> I get an error: Don't know how to build /code/illumos-gate/proto/root_i386/usr/include/nfs/lm_impl.h
>>
>> I looked in the closed bits, and the file is not there. I did find it in the exception_lists, but am stuck
>> as to how to proceed (short of getting rid of nfs from the build). Otherwise, I can't find the file
>> anywhere.
>
> Hi Max,
> nfs/lm_impl.h isn't shipped - it's explicitly stripped out
> by the closebins generation process.
>
> iirc there's been a push recently (perhaps from Rich?) which
> should get you over this hump.

No, I only removed the dependence on the 'extras' packages, nothing to
do with closed-ness.

> If you were building this inside Oracle I'd suggest checking
> the value of CLOSED_IS_PRESENT.

If you were building this *outside*, I'd still suggest checking the
value of CLOSED_IS_PRESENT, it shouldn't be trying to use lm_impl.h for
any purpose unless it believes you have the closed source tree (I guess
I should say "The source tree named 'closed'" now to avoid ambiguity).

-- Rich