[illumos-Discuss] gdamore wishes he knew what would motivate more developers to work on illumos bugs....

Apostolos Syropoulos asyropoulos at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 2 09:57:54 PST 2010

> That  said, if perhaps I can try to be a "kindler, and gentler" leader,
> and doing  so will help the project, then I'm happy to do so.  I'll at
> least try to  keep some of my frustrations a bit more private....

I do not know why the Universities mentioned in previous messages are
trying to fork the fork, but if they are seriously consider doing this, I
believe they are making a big mistake. In addition, I am sure Oracle
would be really pleased with these flames and "debates" :-( I think
the driving forces behind this project should cool off and stop this
almost meaningless discussion. We do not want bureaucracy, we need
people who want to code and help this project flourish. On the other
hand, we should have an open mind and forget altogether Solaris
and what Oracle is doing. They have their agenda and we should
have our own.

Regards,

A.S.

Apostolos Syropoulos