[illumos-Discuss] gdamore wishes he knew what would motivate more developers to work on illumos bugs....

Dmitry Yusupov dmitry at nexenta.com
Thu Dec 2 10:50:47 PST 2010

Gleb: generally publishing aspects of private conversation in public is
a bad tone...

I don't think you have enough data to prove this. It is more pure
speculation at this point. I'd say the opposite in fact - people do want
contribute to Illumos, we just not yet hit critical point when we can
loudly say that it is self-sufficient and progressing. But we are moving
in the right direction - i.e. away from single corporate dependency (you
know who), relying more on community member's ideas (i.e. councilors),
etc

Stand by and see how Illumos will rise.. or participate and help polish
some aspects of it, including management difficulties. Just be
constructive - what do you want exactly to change in what was proposed?

http://www.illumos.org/attachments/download/3/illumos.pdf