[illumos-Discuss] Why did we fork Illumos? [Re: [osol-discuss] gdamore wishes he knew what would motivate more developers to work on illumos bugs....]

Apostolos Syropoulos asyropoulos at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 3 03:21:25 PST 2010

> Because we've observed Garrett D'Amore and Illumos over  the course of
> two months beginning with September 2010 and our conclusion is  that we
> can't join forces with Illumos at the current time if we wish to  spend
> money from German and EU funding pools. One side has praised  Garrett

And you have managed to conclude all these things in just two months?
Come on let's be serious! I suspect that you (or your organization) wants
the leadership of the project for your own reasons.  As about your fork.
it will have fewer users than Minix has. I am really pissed off with this
beauracratic crap!

A.S.

Apostolos Syropoulos
Xanthi, Greece