[illumos-Discuss] multi-extent files

Apostolos Syropoulos asyropoulos at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 24 23:51:54 PDT 2010

> star could be a nice replacement  for tar, pax. Isnt it ? I never
> understood  why Sun never considered  integrating star into Solaris.
> What about IllumOS ?

Well if one wants star to get integrated into IllumOS, then I would
ask for the integrations of MPlayer!!! I think we should leave the
developers of Illumos care about the kernel and the drivers and
nothing else. Whether star would replace tar or GNU tar (I definitely
need this as most source code archives cannot be opened with
SUN's tar), should be left to the distro people to deal with.
Slackware and Debian are two Linux distributions that differ
significantly, but the drivers and the kernel are the same...

A.S.

Apostolos Syropoulos
Xanthi, Greece