[illumos-Discuss] multiboot-fu needed

Garrett D'Amore garrett at nexenta.com
Tue Sep 14 20:30:30 PDT 2010

On Tue, 2010-09-14 at 19:52 -0700, Richard Doty wrote:
> All the docs I read say that it isn't possible to install more than one
> solaris partition on a disk.  Surely that's not literally true.  GRUB
> seems like it could handle it.  Maybe the limitation is the default
> installer?  Has anyone cracked this nut already?

No one has needed to.  You get on Solaris FAT partition, with multiple
*slices* inside that partition.  But these days with ZFS you don't even
need to do that... typically you just let ZFS carve up a root pool
however it wants to, and have different filesystems within that pool
(which could be multiple boot environments.)

Maybe if we understood what problem you're trying to solve with multiple
partitions, we could help better?

	- Garrett