[illumos-Discuss] Build Snapshots

Marcelo Leal sunos.x86 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 12:16:55 PDT 2011

 Hello there,
 It's nice to see this project going! I think i'm really late on
participation for this great project, but better now than never. ;-)
 Last night i was reading the documentation on illumos and OpenIndiana
website, and i'm still with some doubts hope you can answer me here.
 First off, i think the illumos is in the same was as OpenSolaris.org,
so the OpenIndiana must be the place for a distro. But just to be
sure, there is some "extra" relation between OI and illumos or not?
Just to be clear, the illumos development branch has some snapshots or
something in "harmony" with the OI intended releases or not?
 I did see that OI was working on the build 148 and seems to be not
intended for the release (but is the one downloadable on the website
iso), and now it seems to be the 151 development branch the one they
should use fora stable release in the future. I did see that is not a
tarball or something to create a snapshot repo for the 151 dev...
 Thanks a lot for your time, and hope i can participate more and help
in something.

[ http://www.eall.com.br/blog ]
-------=- pOSix rules -=-------