[illumos-Developer] Plans on removing dependency on IPS ?

Sriram Narayanan sriram at belenix.org
Sun Dec 5 12:59:01 PST 2010

Hello:

Are there any plans or actions in progress on removing the dependency on IPS ?

Has anyone done any analysis on this aspect so far? Have these
findings been documented anywhere?

As mentioned a few times in the past, the Belenix team wants to ensure
that we do not use IPS and instead move to RPM5. We want to pay
attention to generating rpms of the illumos build. We're about to
explore this shortly, and would like to work together with anyone
working on this specific task.

-- Sriram