[illumos-Developer] Trying to IPS star....

Joerg Schilling Joerg.Schilling at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Thu Sep 2 04:21:41 PDT 2010

"Garrett D'Amore" <garrett at nexenta.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 2010-09-01 at 21:10 +0200, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> > set name=info.classification \
> >     value=org.opensolaris.category.2010:System/Libraries
>
> This needs to be 2008.

There are two files from ON that use 2010 already and changing thigs
back to 2008 did not help.

I still get the same unusable error message and need help with creating a
working manifests/system-library-schily.mf

> I'd also request that you replace your CDDL header slightly, because the
> specific text referencing the CDDL may itself be copyrighted.
>
> If you look, you can find my text for this in the Makefile for
> usr/src/cmd/mklocale/Makefile
>
> That text I've placed in the public domain (we need to update the
> prototype files), so it is free to use.  We're going to be asking all
> new files use this banner going forward, so Oracle can't claim copyright
> infringement for using their boilerplate.

I mentioned already in the IRC that we don't know what CDDL-1.1 could be.
For this reason we should use a text like:

 * The contents of this file are subject to the terms of the
 * Common Development and Distribution License, Version 1.0 only.
 * See the file CDDL.Sun.txt in this distribution or
 * http://www.opensolaris.org/license/ for details.

It makes even sense (and it legal) to change back Snorcle files to Version 1.0
only. In this case, we would need to be able to create a list of contributors
that has to be asked once a CDDL-1.1 is ready for review in order to decide
whether to allow the upgrade or not.

BTW: For me as a German author, it is forbidden by law to sign a contract that
contains claims I cannot know when signing. For this reason, any code I
contribute is CDDL-1.0 by law anyway.

Jörg