[illumos-Developer] Trying to IPS star....

Joerg Schilling Joerg.Schilling at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Thu Sep 2 10:13:47 PDT 2010

"Garrett D'Amore" <garrett at nexenta.com> wrote:

> I think you're right on this... and I've posted an updated boilerplate
> for review at admin-council and developer-council.  (I think my text
> slightly different from yours, but it is basically the same idea --
> forcing the 1.0 version of the CDDL.)
>
> I'll probably update the prototype* files with the new boilerplate
> today.

I noticed that (compared to Sun) you did omit the juristdiction and case of
venue parts in http://www.illumos.org/license/CDDL

This looks like a good idea as in Europe this cannot be set by natural persons
and the default in Europe is the place where the authos has his center of life.

I however recommend to mention http://www.opensource.org/licenses/cddl1.txt
instead as this is a safe place out of control for any of us.

Here is my proposal:

# The contents of this file are subject to the terms of the
# Common Development and Distribution License, Version 1.0 only
# (the "License").  You may not use this file except in compliance
# with the License.
#
# A full copy of the text of the CDDL should have accompanied this
# source.  A copy is of the CDDL is also available via the Internet
# at http://www.opensource.org/licenses/cddl1.txt
#
# When distributing Covered Code, include this CDDL HEADER in each
# file and include a copy of the License file from
# http://www.opensource.org/licenses/cddl1.txt

Jörg