[illumos-Developer] 248 mdnsd fails to run inside zone due to broken code

Richard Lowe richlowe at richlowe.net
Sun Sep 26 19:48:12 PDT 2010

Garrett D'Amore wrote:
> Makefile:  remove #ident on line 24

Doh.

> mDNSUNP.c: can we please remove the expanded $Log$ at line 23?  And line
> 21 while we're at it?   In general it would appear that this code was
> imported without any conformance to cstyle or other typical ON
> guidelines.  That suggests that there is an upstream that should be
> notified of the change?  (If we're not sync'ing with the upstream, then
> we should bite the bullet and clean the non-applicable #ifdefs up, and
> also fix the style.  We can do that later, if you file a CR to indicate
> it.)

Upstream is Apple, who don't have the Solaris modifications at all and
so are not affected.  Yes, that's why the source is not beaten into
format.  They do (more recently) have what appears to be different
Solaris support.

I'd prefer to decide re: style changes later, Apple are updating this
code, and I'd prefer not to make taking changes from the upstream harder
than necessary.

Was your wanting the $Log$ removed in the context of this, or a separate
desire regardless of other formatting?

-- Rich