[illumos-Developer] [REVIEW] 922 SUNWdtrt needs some love

Richard Lowe richlowe at richlowe.net
Wed Apr 20 14:39:01 PDT 2011

Hey all, I'd like review for:
  922 SUNWdtrt needs some love

webrev:
  http://richlowe.net/webrevs/il_922

The bug (http://illumos.org/issues/922) contains descriptions of what
and why, but the one that surprised at least one person was the change
to fs_reparse.*  'string' is a DTrace keyword, its use here prevents
DTrace parsing the header.  I decided to remove the use, rather than
blacklist the header, as it was easy to fix (easier than the __thread
and __attribute__ cases anyway).
If anyone can figure out why rds.h uses _both_ of #pragma pack() and
__attribute__((packed)), they should totally file a bug and fix that
one, too.

I plan to push this in the same wad as (most of) Joyent's DTrace
changes (I fixed these to bring some sanity to making sure I didn't
damage those while cherry-picking them)

Thanks,

-- Rich